[Gdal-dev] Proposal for Unified Windows Binaries (Visual C++ .NET 2003 availability)

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Apr 16 13:52:33 EDT 2007

Daniel,

  Good question.  A search of Amazon for "Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET Professional 2003" shows some available, but I
don't know what would happen if you tried to order one.

  I got my copy in 2005 through Microsoft's Empower program
(basically Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) subscription
with a lower price and higher development requirements).  I
don't know if you purchased an MSDN
Professional/Enterprise/Universal subscription today if you
would get a copy (and I couldn't tell by browsing the
Microsoft site!).

  And maybe it's a question for OSGeo:

       Should OSGeo help OSGeo Projects in supporting
Windows binary releases by purchasing an MSDN subscription
(a level that includes the compilers)?

   I expect there would be lots of questions regarding
licensing, whether it's appropriate, etc.

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta