[Gdal-dev] Supported Compiler

ValiSystem vali.system at free.fr
Fri Apr 20 11:11:36 EDT 2007

On 20 avr. 07, at 16:38, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started matrix of supported compilers/system/architecture:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SupportedCompilers
>
> Please, feel free to extend it with missing configurations or just
> e-mail details to me and I'll ad them.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Mateusz Loskot
> http://mateusz.loskot.net

I added my successful builds, but i have three suggestions :
- It could be nice to add an "OS flavour" column, to match different
GNU/Linux distros, that might have different compiler patches/
libraries version that could break a build. It's also important for
Mac OS X since panther, tiger and leopard have different buildings
environment. I don't now windows enough to say if it is important to
know the version (XP/Vista)
- I don't think we need to specify minor compiler version for GCC,
since they are  bug fixes, generally heavily tested to avoid breaking
anything.
- Giving GDAL version could help for history maintenance :-)