[Gdal-dev] Win32: Supported build environments

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Fri Apr 20 21:57:57 EDT 2007

Frank,

It looks like a very reasonable proposition.

I understand that we should draw a line where the responsibility of maintain
GDAL ends so that it could be done well. But still supporting and promoting
new initiatives.

That is not the case of VC 6. :-)

As an example, today The HDF Group just release the Newsletter #92 that says
that they are dropping support for MSVC++ 6.0 in the release of HDF5-1.8.0:

http://www.hdfgroup.org/newsletters/newsletter92.html

Some of us would say:

Au revoir vieil ami!

Regards,