[Gdal-dev] Error building gdal/ogr: undefined reference to `_gfortran_ ...

Hernán De Angelis dhdeangelis.listas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:54:23 EDT 2007

> Could you run "make clean" first and then add --without-libtool
> option to your configure command and make again, and see if that will work.

Yes! It worked flawlessly, only with a long series of warnings at the
end of the make, when making pymod, of the type:

gdal_wrap.c:1211: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
break strict-aliasing rules

Although this is not an unusual thing in gdal. Now I will check that
everything works. I noted that in previous installations in this same
machine (P4 3.0 GHz, 2Gb RAM) gdal/ogr used to take 9 minutes to make,
whereas it too only 5 min now. Do you thing this is because of having
disabled libtool, is it something about this new version or is it that
something went wrong? In any case the cause of the original error is
not clear for me.

Thanks for your help!

Hernán

---