[Gdal-dev] Nodata bitmasks / null processing

Ray Gardener rayg at daylongraphics.com
Mon Aug 6 16:34:05 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> That is a possibility though I hadn't actually considered it previously.
> A whole bitmask won't go in the .aux.xml file though, so it does make
> things substantially more involved as some sort of additional data file
> would be required.

Would you make an exception for highly compressible nodata masks? A
common situation is that a slightly rotated sampling leaves thin
triangular perimeter nodata areas of which a compressed textual
description is under a kilobyte. E.g., have a flag saying if the mask is
in the xml file or outside.

Ray