[Gdal-dev] [whatever] toWGS defintions

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Thu Aug 9 06:33:21 EDT 2007

Do there exist any general source for correct [whatever] to WGS definitions?

I have an application which by use of GDAL translates WGS coordinates to
and from [whatever] projection. I have it working with a few fully
defined WKTs but it is no fun searching the web after all WKTs I
possibly would need.

So I tried instead to define the Spatialreferences with EPSG-codes
instead of WKT. And as suspected the result wasn't what I had hoped for
since the EPSG lacked the toWGS information. The result in the
projection I tried (RT90 2.5 gon V, EPSG 3020) the transformation was
offset by approximately 200 meters west and 50 meters north.

Am I correct in that the error occurs because the EPSG-code do not
specify the toWGS?
If I am correct - what approach do you suggest?

The goal of the application, which is written in C#, is to be able to
take any map the user provides, with or without geodata in it, and serve
it to another application which internally works with WGS84. That is my
application is to be able to set up and translate from a projection the
user selects to and from WGS84.

The Q is simple - any source for correct definitions of [whatever] toWGS
that I can use?
Or can I make the EPSG-codes work? Or do they work but I have made an error?

Yours
Tomas