[GDAL-dev] GEOS with GDAL

abhay menon abhay.menon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 13:54:58 EDT 2007

Hi Mateusz,

On 8/11/07, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:

> abhay menon wrote:
> > I use the build for msvc80 in GEOS trunk to create the MSVC 8 compatible
> > version which I am able to call in VC++6.
> > I will let know on the problem that is being created on VC7.1. once I
> get
> > time for that. And let you know what happened within.
>
> FYI, I'm the author of the 'msvc80' project/solution for GEOS.

I read the comment section ... :)

If you will notice any problems with that, please report it to me.

VC80 GEOS work well and no problem in that .... the rip I created for VC71
from your VC80 ed.. seem to create everything well in VC71 Debug but fails
the unit test that executes in VC71 Release. Also the use of the VC71
compiled GEOS in GDAL compilation seem does not to invoke GEOS methods when
I use it in my application the same.

I posted the VC71 project/Solution in geos-dev if you want look at it.

I'd like to keep this solution up to date and well working.

--
Best Regards

Abhay Menon
http://abhaymenon.info