[Gdal-dev] Problems building with mysql under mingw

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Aug 14 09:09:26 EDT 2007

godofredo contreras wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I´m trying to build gdal with mysql support, I´m using mysql lib and
> headers from a dev-cpp package  but the compilation fails with
> several warnings but no one error, also I tested the library and
> headers with a small program there are also several warnings but it
> compiles and executes with no problem.
>
> What could be wrong? I'm missing something?, any help will be
> appreciated.

I've never used MinGW to build GDAL so I have no idea what's wrong here.
However, these are warnings only, so I assume compilation finishes
without any error and binaries are produced correctly.

Also, you should know that GDAL is not officially
tested with MinGW (yet):
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SupportedCompilers

May be you will find some helpful notes in the list archives.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net