[Gdal-dev] osgeo.org down ?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Aug 27 08:41:03 EDT 2007

Even Rouault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> osgeo.org was painfully slow a few hours ago and now it seems completely
> down...

Even,

Note that osgeo.org is the domain and there are multiple machines and
services in multiple locations so you need to be more specific on your
report as to which machine/service is down.

It seems to be the main servers hosting trac and svn which are under
very heavy load. I just did a SVN update of my MapServer source tree and
it seemed to not be responding, but it eventually finished after +/-15
minutes, so the machine is not completely down, just very heavily
loaded, possibly some bots or stupid misconfigured download accelerators
hitting it (the same happened to the dl.maptools.org server last week
and I had to block the unfriendly address completely).

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/