[Gdal-dev] T-Shirts

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Aug 30 12:59:00 EDT 2007

>Do we want to imply that GDAL is endangered? Maybe an invasive species
>would be more apropos, like zebra mussel or something.

Hmmm,..Good Point.  How about these lists?
http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-invasive-species, or
http://invasivespecies.nbii.gov/projects.html

      Generally,invasive species are generally things people don't want.
And invasives are only invasives outside of their native habitat.

      Adding invasives does however, add to the pool of unusual names :-).
Kudzu, spurge, chengu,.... etc.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

             Christopher
             Barker
             <Chris.Barker at noa                                          To
             a.gov>                    Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
                                                                        cc
             08/30/2007 12:43          gdal-dev
             PM                        <gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Gdal-dev] T-Shirts

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov wrote:

> Endangered species name

Do we want to imply that GDAL is endangered? Maybe an invasive species
would be more apropos, like zebra mussel or something.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov