[gdal-dev] Contour generation method in bindings

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 11:03:34 EST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007, at 3:22 AM, Ari Jolma wrote:

> Ari Jolma kirjoitti:
>> Tamas Szekeres kirjoitti:
>>> I would be in favour of refactoring the code using the following
>>> common rules:
>>>
>>> 1. Every target class would go into a separate interface file
>>> 2. Every interface file would be responsible to include the
>>> interface
>>> files that it depends on.
>>> 3. To avoid the name collisions we should either use namespaces (not
>>> sure how it is supported by the various target languages) or
>>> prefixes
>>> in the classnames
>>> 4. We should declare the constants in separate interface files that
>>> can be included by the others if needed.
>
> I'll try something along these lines in https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/sandbox/ajolma/
>
> Ari

Ari,

I like this, but I would agree that it is too late to make this big of
a change for the 1.5 release.  Additionally, one other organization
change I would make is to put classes of each sub-library in its own
directory:

./include/ogr/Geometry.i (or ./include/ogr/OGRGeometry.i)
./include/gdal/ColorTable.i
./include/gdal/RasterAttributeTable.i
./include/osr/SpatialReference.i

One more level of nesting may make it tougher to find stuff, but it
will reinforce the structure of how things are included and which
pieces belong where.

Howard