[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.5.0 Beta2 Released

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Dec 11 13:54:11 EST 2007

For now, one is included in my GDAL framework installer.

I wonder if just a site link can be added to pypi for the available
binaries for mine? (I'll have b2 ready soon, b1 is built)

I can look into repackaging it standalone, probably one egg for
Leopard/Python 2.5 and two installers for Tiger/Python 2.5 and Leopard/
python 2.5.  No egg for Tiger/Python 2.5 since setuptools isn't
standard there.

But since the python bindings are closely tied to the GDAL version,
and in my builds to the OSX version, this may be more hassle than it's
worth (it's already installed along with the framework in an easy to
use installer package).  But also, I haven't played with python and
installing extensions enough to have a good idea if one method works
better than another.

On Dec 11, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Howard Butler wrote:
>> I would like to add that source and binary Python bindings are up
>> on PyPi
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/GDAL/
>
> Thanks!
>
>> I have been very pleased with PyPi, and I would like to hear
>> opinions of what people think of us using PyPi as the primary
>> distribution point for the GDAL Python bindings.
>
> +1
>
> Now we just need to get OS-X eggs up there....
>
> -Chris
>

> --
> Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
> Oceanographer
>
> Emergency Response Division
> 7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
>
> Chris.Barker at noaa.gov

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war