[gdal-dev] FWTools

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Dec 17 15:48:40 EST 2007

Chris Howell wrote:
> How much of the functionality from the FWTools is wrapped up in the
> Gdal1.4.4.dll or am I getting it backwards and a lot of the
> functionality in that DLL comes from FWTools ?

Chris,

In FWTools I think the DLL is actually called GDAL_FW.DLL (and is equivelent
to the GDAL15.DLL in normal builds).  This DLL is the core of the GDAL support
in FWTools but FWTools is a collection of tools include GDAL utilities,
MapServer, OpenEV, and PROJ.4.  So it would be fair to say that GDAL_FW.DLL
provides the core GDAL support for FWTools.