[Gdal-dev] Building against Xerces 2.7.0 fails

Benoit Myard myardbenoit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 03:54:52 EST 2007

Hi list,

Last week, I built GDAL 1.4.0, without Xerces support and after all,
things went pretty well. I do have a working installation on a
Sun-Fire-T1000 running Solaris 10.

Now that I need GML capabilities, I'm trying to build GDAL against
Xerces 2.7.0 which fails miserably at compile time :

  CC -I/export/home/comdev/freeware/xerces-c-src_2_7_0/include
-I/export/home/comdev/freeware/xerces-c-src_2_7_0/include/xercesc
-DOGR_ENABLED -I/export/home/comdev/freeware/gdal-1.4.0/port -I.. -c
iom_error.cpp  -KPIC -DPIC -o ../../o/.libs/iom_error.o
"iom_error.cpp", line 34: Error: In this declaration
"ErrorUtility::itoabuf" is of an incomplete type "unsigned short[]".

I read here and there that some versions of Xerces are not supported,
but these posts are from 2003 so I don't really know what to think.If
there's an official note on that topic, please let me know.

I wonder if the compile error is due to Xerces' version or a bug in the code ?

Any hint greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

--
Benoit Myard