[Gdal-dev] Problem compiling with VS 8

Alain Rist ar at navpoch.com
Tue Jan 9 04:35:13 EST 2007

Hi Mateusz,

Great work !

I confirm that gdalce_dll.sln is not clickable with VS2005 SP1, but it opens
from the Open Project menu.

When compiling for PPC2003 debug some annoying linker warnings:

ogrspatialreference.obj : warning LNK1166: cannot adjust code at
offset=0x00001000, rva=0x00071A38

mitab_feature.obj : warning LNK1166: cannot adjust code at
offset=0x00001000, rva=0x0009AA9C

mitab_feature_mif.obj : warning LNK1166: cannot adjust code at
offset=0x00001000, rva=0x000B26CC

geotiff.obj : warning LNK1166: cannot adjust code at offset=0x00001000,
rva=0x00148720

tif_getimage.obj : warning LNK1166: cannot adjust code at offset=0x00001000,
rva=0x00174B78

gdalwarpkernel.obj : warning LNK1166: cannot adjust code at
offset=0x00001000, rva=0x001CD2D8

Linker Tools Error LNK1166 Error Message

cannot adjust code at offset=offset, va=value

LINK was unable to pad the code as required.

Certain instructions are not allowed to cross page boundaries on some
processors. LINK attempts to add pads to correct this situation. In this
case, LINK could not work around the problem.

Looks like alignment problems.

No such warning in release mode or WM2005 settings.

cheers,

AR