[Gdal-dev] RFC 9: Paid Maintainer Guidelines

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Jan 9 16:16:16 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have prepared a draft RFC 9 intended to cover how maintainers hired with
> GDAL sponsorship money will be administered.
>
>   http://www.gdal.org/rfc9_maintainer.html
>
> I'd appreciate feedback before I formally propose it.

Perhaps one comment about the requirement for the maintainer to submit a
detailed bi-weekly report on a public list. That sounds a bit annoying
for the individual having to disclose his time usage in public without
any real benefit for the list members. Would it not be enough to have
the maintainer report directly to the supervisor? I think the sponsors
and the PSC members are the only people who need to see that report and
they could request a copy from the supervisor if/when they need one (or
they could be automatically CC'd). The rest of the people on the list
don't need to see that information.

Other than that the RFC looks great to me.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/