[Gdal-dev] Making tiles automatically?

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Thu Jan 11 03:25:49 EST 2007

Dear list,

I would like to tile a tiff-image (with tfw file) in 16 tiles.
I wonder if there is a possibility to avoid manual tiling for every tile like:

gdal_translate –projwin 3429886 5799741 3435890 5794667
...path_to\landsat7.tiff path_to\landsat7_tile1.tiff

...this would be so much typing.

Is there anywhere a possibility to tile the image with a script?
Does the possibily exist to tile it automatically in the shell?

Another question: After tiling: Will for every tile a tfw-file be produced?

Thank you very much, Kai