[Gdal-dev] Drivers for Golden Software Grid Formats (long)

Kevin Locke kwl7 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 29 17:17:49 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 15:50 +0000, Joaquim Luis wrote:
> Are you supporting both version 6 and version 7 binary formats?
> V6 format are normally all we want. V7 stores the grids with double
> precision only.

I think you are talking about the Surfer Grid File Format, which is
different from the Golden Software Grid Formats (although Surfer is a
Golden Software product).  I am working from Appendix C of the Surfer
8 User's Guide (which describes all three formats, and some others).
The only version information they have for the GS Grids is the
signature ('DSAA' for ASCII, 'DSBB' for binary).

I have been thinking about implementing the Surfer format as well, but
haven't gotten around to it yet.  Now I'm glad I hadn't, since I might
have implemented v7 only.  Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,      |      kwl7 at cornell.edu     |    kevinoid at jabber.org
Kevin        |   http://kevinlocke.name  |   kevinoid on freenode