[Gdal-dev] Drivers for Golden Software Grid Formats (long)

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Jan 31 13:25:13 EST 2007

Kevin Locke wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 17:12 +0300, Andrey Kiselev wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 10:11:25AM -0500, Kevin Locke wrote:
>>> I have recently written drivers for the Golden Software ASCII and
>>> Binary Grid formats that includes read, write, create, delete, and
>>> copy capabilities.  I was hoping to get some constructive criticism
>>> and, if no major problems are present, that it could be considered for
>>> inclusion in future releases of GDAL.
>> I have checked in this new driver (with small changes).
>> Kevin, thanks for your contribution!
>
> It was my pleasure.  Thanks a lot for your time and effort (both in
> looking at my patch and to all for the project in general).  I really
> appreciate it.

Kevin,

Great to see support for Surfer grids in GDAL! Thanks!

FWIW (and if not too late), there is support for writing and reading
Surfer grids in GRASS. I thought you might be interested in this to
re-use some code:

http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/raster/r.in.ascii/
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/raster/r.out.ascii/

Regards,