[Gdal-dev] GDAL Code Reviews - SoC and beyond

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 3 15:21:56 EDT 2007

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Do you have some principles to follow in the course of the review from
> the aspect of the gdal project?

Tamas,

It was my hope to write up something, perhaps as an RFC if we institutionalize
this.  But to start, I was planning to play it a bit by ear.

Basically we would be looking for things, including:

  o Bugs (for sure, and potential)
  o Poor use of standard GDAL/OGR/CPL services.
  o Opportunities for meaningful optimization.
  o Ways of expressing code in a more understandable fashion.

In particular, I don't want to get hung up on coding style conventions
which we don't have clear standards on for GDAL anyways.