[Gdal-dev] Transform raster into coordinate system

Ivan Mjartan ivan.mjartan at geovap.cz
Wed Jul 4 04:11:15 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I'am trying solve one problem and I would like ask you, if it is possible using GDAL lib to solve it.

At first I try describe what I need to do.

So I have scan of raster (TIFF) without georeference and I need make geo position of this raster into SJTSK coordinate (EPSG:102067). So I know that it is not easy At first I need some geo referenced map (vector) and than mark identical point in the raster and vector map to get coordinate of identical point in raster. Then I can transform raster into my coordinate system.

First what I need is compute polynomial formula to compute transform than I can compute output raster size after that I have to go throw each pixel in the output raster and compute (using polynomial formula) pixel from source raster.

So problem is that source raster can be very large and other problem is that this algorithm is very expensive.

My question is It is possible do it by using GDAL?

I have source raster without geo reference and I have array of identical point and each identical point has real geo coordinate. And I would like transform source raster into coordinate system.

Thanks a lot for your help

Ivan Mjartan