[Gdal-dev] FGS with GDAL 1.4.2

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 4 13:44:25 EDT 2007

Folks,

I've been experimenting with the FGS (FOSS GIS Suite) packaging system
for linux with some success.  I've created a package that includes
GDAL 1.4.2 and a bunch of dependencies, including python (NG bindings)
support.

An all-in-one installer is available at:

http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/fgs-modules/fgs-gdal-python-1.4.2-linux-i386.bin

You should be able to download and install this on most x86 style linux
systems.  To install run the .bin file as an argument to bash.

eg.

sh fgs-gdal-python-1.4.2-linux-i386.bin

This produces a self-contained install seperate from the rest of your
system.

Additional details on FGS are available at:

   http://www.maptools.org/fgs/