[Gdal-dev] Re: Question about command line tools in msys

godofredo contreras frdcn at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 21:21:19 EDT 2007

Thank you Paul for your answer, all the supporting dlls are present.
I think this is a problem of configure or the making proccess under
msys, because I ran this command to recompile ogrinfo from msys shell:

g++ ogrinfo.cpp -I/local/include -L/local/lib -lgdal  -o ogrinfo.exe

and now ogrinfo.exe works fine in windows command line and
msys shell.

Best regards

Godofredo Contreras
> Message: 1> Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:51:25 +0100 (BST)> From: Paul Kelly <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk>> Subject: Re: [Gdal-dev] Question about command line tools in msys> To: godofredo contreras <frdcn at hotmail.com>> Cc: gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org> Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.62.0707192346460.357 at agrippa.ukshells.co.uk>> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed> > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, godofredo contreras wrote:> > > Hi:I have compiled gdal using msys, the command line tools work ok in msys shell,
 but when a tried to run them from windows command line the applications do not do anything,
 no errors, no output from application. Is it possible to run the command line tools in a windows
 command line when they were built using msys? or there is something wrong with my
 building process

Best regards
Godofredo Contreras> > Make sure the GDAL DLL and any supporting DLLs it needs are in a directory > included in your PATH environment variable. On Windows you can set this by > right-clicking on "My Computer" on the desktop and then selecting > Properties-->Advanced-->Environment Variables.> Does this help?> > P.S. Your e-mail has no linebreaks, which makes it quite hard to read in > some e-mail clients.> > >