[Gdal-dev] Create Polygon in OGR / C#

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:12:05 EDT 2007

2007/7/25, Jean Michel PIERRET <jmp at geosys.com>:

>             I have changed all "AddGeometry" by "AddGeometryDirectly" and
> nothing has changed.

Jean,

If you doesn't experience much difference then the extra geometry creation
was not the cause of the performance weakness.

Also i have creates a method to convert my structure into "wkb" and i use "
> Geometry.CreateFromWkb" but it's not more quick than the other method.

Hmmm... I don't think if we can ever overstep this approach dramatically
with a much more performant  option. With this option most of the work is
implemented in OGRLinearRing::_importFromWkb (ogrlinearring.cpp)
With your proposal we should do mostly the same (considering that the wkb
byte ordering matches with your platform byte ordering - wkbXDR in case if
the intel platforms -.)

Do you have any clue which method causes slow execution, or could you create
a simple example including the various implementations mentioned before so
as to make some further investigations with that?

Best regards,

Tamas