[Gdal-dev] GDAL-created TIFF Files and Windows

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Thu Jun 7 15:14:57 EDT 2007

Mario Cavicchi wrote:
>> I've created some 3-band byte format TIFF files using GDAL, but I'm
>> having trouble viewing them using various common Windows programs, e.g.
>> Microsoft Office Picture Manager, Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, etc.
>> The preview in Windows Explorer also doesn't work...
>
> You can try Gimp... http://www.gimp.org/

Well, not in my case... My code uses GDAL and I want to use it to dump
out images that I can view easily in windows without having to go
through some intermediate code. Just wondered if anyone knew what it
might be about GDAL generated TIFF images that makes them unpalatable to
the standard windows apps.

Cheers,

Sy