[Gdal-dev] gdal --with-grass on solaris

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Jun 8 08:03:14 EDT 2007

Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> 3) I would like to install gdal --with-grass, however
>
> ./configure --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.2.2RC1/
> [....]
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... f90: Warning: Option
> -print-search-dirs passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise
> Usage: f90 [ options ] files.  Use 'f90 -flags' for details
> solaris2.10 ld.so
> [....]
> checking for pg_config... no
> checking for PostgreSQL... no
> checking for G_asprintf in -lgrass_gis... no
> configure: error: --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.2.2RC1/ requested,
> but libraries not found!

Jachym,

Could you check if you have libgrass_datetime.so library in
/usr/local/grass-6.2.2.RC1/lib ?

May be there is libraries naming issue.
The test that is failing above checks if there is G_asprintf() function
defined in this library.

Also, if you could paste error from the config.log that would be helpful.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net