[Gdal-dev] MITAB Version in GDAL 1.4.2

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 29 12:13:31 EDT 2007

Bob Cave wrote:

> It was my understanding that GDAL 1.4.2 was going to contain the latest
> MITAB library (version 1.6.1), but the RC1 contains MITAB 1.5.1.  Will
> this be updated in the near future?

No, I don't think it would be a good idea to upgrade GDAL 1.4.x to MITAB
1.6.x because MITAB 1.6.x has some issues that still need to be fixed. I
think sticking to 1.5.1 is safer for GDAL 1.4.x.

I planned some time to work on MITAB later in July-Augustand the next
MITAB release should make it in GDAL 1.5 (but not 1.4.x).

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/