[Gdal-dev] Upcoming enhancements for the SWIG C# interface
szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:36:58 EST 2007
I'm preparing some changes according to the recent requests with the
1. Enumerated types will be propagated to the SWIG C# interface
instead of int-s.
2. The following namespace names will be applied: OSGeo.GDAL,
according to the guidelines of:
3. Pascal casing will be applied to module names (Gdal, Ogr, Osr, GdalConst)
4. The gdalconst assembly is considered as deprecated and will be
removed in some future releases. Currently, every assembly will
contain their own constants and enums.
5. Dataset ReadRaster/WriteRaster implementation will be added.
Since most of the modifications are reasonable, but backward
incompatible changes, I will wait for 2 days before submitting the
files. These changes will apply solely to the C# binding, however the
enum related stuff will reside in common places controlled by #ifdef
(SWIGCSHARP) and can be taken over to the other languages easily if
More information about the Gdal-dev