[Gdal-dev] projection with ogr2ogr

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Mar 9 04:55:55 EST 2007

Lijian Shi wrote:
> Hi, Mateusz,
>
> Thank you for your help. Now I have resolved the problem according
> your suggestion.

Lijian.

Great!

> But I met a new problem: after reprojecting the shp file with the
> command: ogr2ogr -t_srs WGS84 -s_srs NAD27 out.shp point.shp, I
> overlay the out.shp and point.shp in ArcGIS. But there are some shift
>  between tow files. Is there any problem with my command?

I'm not a very experienced user of NAD27 (I live in Poland) but
AFAIK WGS84 =/= NAD27, so there are some differences (shifts)
like NAD27 has higher latitude and WGS84 higher longitude value
(counting in tens of feets).

If anyone could correct me here, I'd be thankful.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net