RES: [Gdal-dev] Fdo or Geos + gdal

Kaminski, Fábio - PROVIDER fabio at synapsisbrasil.com.br
Fri Mar 16 08:01:24 EDT 2007

Thanks for your advice,

	Thinking last night, and reading the fdo api, (I also read terralib api, thanks for sugestion), i´ve made my decision considering some important issues.

	* portability for small devices (wince(gdal/ogr already ports)/ palm)
	* port for postgis(fdo does not)
	* simplicity(build own framework gluing specialized´s apis with a eye in portability)
	* gdal/ogr is a must and geos is suitable for my needs.

So I guess gdal/ogr + geos will make a good work thogeter :)

Thanks for your advice, and congratulations for gdal api. The (geo)revolution is only starting ;)

Fabio Kaminski