[Gdal-dev] Google SoC Project: Tile Structure Driver

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Tue Mar 20 17:17:10 EDT 2007

Hello GDAL developers,

I am a student from Czech Republic and I would like to subscribe
Google Summer of Code for
GDAL (under OSGeo Organization).

I have created a page in OSGeo Wiki about this project:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GDAL2Tiles_SoC_2007

I am insterested in Tile Structure Driver for GDAL, so this library
could directly export JPEG/PNG raster tile structure and necessary
metadata for displaying map in Google Earth, Google Maps, OpenLayers
and WorldKit.

Tile structure and metadata format from OSGEO Tile Map Specification
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Tile_Map_Service_Specification) will
be used as main dataformat.

The idea of this project was mentioned by FrankW at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GDAL_SoC_Ideas as point 3. I have been
talking about this project on IRC with some of you alredy.

I wrote something about myself in the end of project wiki page.

Any suggestions are welcome, feel free to write me...

Looking forward to cooperate with you

Klokan