[Gdal-dev] makegdal.vcproj renamed

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Mar 21 11:55:27 EDT 2007

Hi Ivan,

I'm replying to the list, because all messages I send to your e-mail
return back to me with following error:

  ivan at ilucena.net
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<ivan at ilucena.net>:
    host rcom-outblaze-com.mr.outblaze.com [205.158.62.206]:
    554 EMail from mailserver at 209.85.32.86 is refused. See
http://spamblock.outblaze.com/209.85.32.86

Ivan Lucena wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> Visual Studio 2005 can read 2003s projects, that is why I save as
> 7.1. But the way you did is more organized and obvious in a good
> sense.

I've taken the liberty to rename it to be able to open makegdal without
messing the working copy, so I can run svn status and svn update without
problems ;-)

Also, if there is anyone who will want to create makegdal60.vcproj,
that will be more consistent.

> BTW. Did you receive any feedback from people that actually used
> those Makefile Projects?

No, I've not.
I just started to use it myself and it's cool ;-)
I've had no idea I can run make targets, nice work!

BTW, what do you think about replacing devinstal target in Rebuild All
with regular rebuild ?

Or may be we could put devinstall as a post-build event?

> I am using it a lot to develop the INGR driver and it is pretty hand
> but it is also a little cranky. I set the Build Command Line, "F7",
> to go to the driver folder and compile only that code and the Rebuild
> All Command Line, "Crtl-F7", to do makefile install. By doing this
> way I can find compilation errors or start the debugger faster by
> alternating from F7, Crtl-F7 and F5.

I see.
I attach makegdal80.vcproj to another solution I use for test
application, so I can debug test application and jump into GDAL code as
well.

> I hope it is been useful to someone other than me, otherwise there is
> no reason to keep it on SVN.

Yes, I believe it is.
I'm sure it's useful for me ;-)

Cheers