[Gdal-dev] GDAL Web Site Migration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 29 17:27:33 EDT 2007

Folks,

One objective of GDAL participation in OSGeo has been to share server
infrastructure with other Open Source projects.  As part of that effort
I am now decommissioning my personal co-located server, and moving the
GDAL web site to an OSGeo operated server provided by Telascience.

Over the next several days you may experience some problems in service.
If so, feel free to let me know.  In a pinch the GDAL web site is also
available as:

   http://gdal.osgeo.org/

and downloads are available at:

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal

Things being migrated include:

   www.gdal.org
   ftp.remotesensing.org
   home.gdal.org

Currently it looks like I will be de-commissioning the maps.gdal.org domain,
so anyone using the WMS or WCS services on this domain should expect an end
of service.  I may eventually re-setup these services at:

    http://geodata.telascience.org,

but that is not certain.

Thank you for your patience during this transition.