[Gdal-dev] Motion: SoC Project Ranking

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 29 21:53:32 EDT 2007

Motion: The GDAL PSC ranks it's selection of Google Summer of Code projects
as follows, with the indicated mentors.

#1) GDAL Raster Driver for PNG/JPG Tile Structure + gdal2tiles utility
     Student: Petr Prindal
     Mentor: Howard Butler

#2) GDAL: KML read support for the existing driver
     Student: Jens Oberender
     Mentor: Mateusz Loskot

#3) A Synthetic Aperture RADAR Processor using GDAL
     Student: Philippe Vachon
     Mentor: Frank Warmerdam

#4) OGC WMS GDAL Driver
     Student: Adam Nowaki
     Mentor: Daniel Morissette

----

As part of the application to the Google Summer of Code we need to
rank our projects, and assign mentors.  Since Jens is already being ranked
for the KML reading project, the GeoRSS driver project he also proposed is
being ignored.  The PSC feels that all the above projects are of interest,
and that the mentors are capable of supporting the students.

The rankings need to be provided to the OSGeo Google Summer of Code admin
(aka me) by Monday so voting should start on this now.

+1 from Frank