[Gdal-dev] RFC 11: Fast Format Identification

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Tue May 1 00:23:53 EDT 2007

Frank,

I realize that we are talking about a different application and different
user-interface. You want to load a FileSectionDialog so it must be fast and
it must show the list at once. I was talking about running the file-browser
in a separate tread so that the UI could be update while the query is been
made. I guess that the fast format identification will be a plus in both
cases.

Anyway, I always felt that the drivers open method is doing more than it
should, so separating Identify() from Open() is a good refactorying idea.

You can add RST in your list and I will take care of it.

Regards,

Ivan