[Gdal-dev] Build failure with VC6 (and continued failures with mingw)

ari.jolma at tkk.fi ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Tue May 1 09:24:22 EDT 2007

Andrea Aime kirjoitti:
> I also tried building a swig version specific for MinGW, as suggested
> on the SWIG site, but failed because of autoconf issues...

I've used a swig for windows binary distribution from msys shell and
that has worked well.

I've never got autoconf working in msys.

> the msys and mingw guys do not seem to be getting along very well
> apparently, there are two autoconf versions around, one distributed
> along with mingw, that does not work out of the box because I miss
> perl, which is distributed with the msysdtk.... which installs its own
> version of autoconf and automake too.

I haven't found a perl that works in msys at all. The perl I use in
Windows I build myself with dmake and mingw in a plain windows command
prompt. It does not work in msys shell.

I should try to build the perl bindings in windows with ActiveState perl
and the GDAL-devel package Frank put out, but haven't got into really
trying.

Cheers,

Ari