[Gdal-dev] VS2005 SP 1 warning

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Sat May 12 09:48:32 EDT 2007

Folks,

I was doing some test with the GDAL binary distribution and VS2005 crashed
on me.

I recently updated VC2005 SP 1 and my advice for those that us VC2005 is
"Don't!"

In the msdn blogs they are talking about all kind of issues but the bottom
line is that if you follow the steps:

- Open VC2005,
- Create new Project,  (any type)
- Compile: *Crashs*

Or

- Open that project again
- Open project property pages
- Open linker
- Open "Command Line: *Crashs*

Good news is that this problem does not affect the makegdal80.sh and the
makefile.vc.

Ivan

PS.

This the "Crt-C, Crt-V" of the error message window:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Pro...

way.