[Gdal-dev] Re: gdal 1.4.1 python 2.4 windows executables

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon May 14 14:07:31 EDT 2007

Emilio Mayorga wrote:
>> at least it should be all set up to build with distutils.

That's really the only sane way to build extensions for Python anyway.

> Python with Numpy, matplotlib, SciPy, and GDAL (with the "Next Gen"
> Numpy bindings), all easy to install: wow, that'd be one sweet,
> compelling environment for earth science computing/"geoinformatics"!

It sure would, and we're pretty darn close. I've not had reason to use
gdal+python lately, but I think I may soon, so I'll dig into what it
takes then.

By the way, what is the status of the NG bindings, anyway? Are they
numpy compatible and ready-to-go?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov