[Gdal-dev] AAIGrid projection info

Sheykhet, Rostic rsheykhet at sanz.com
Mon May 21 19:31:41 EDT 2007

Hi Frank/All,

I am looking at a potential bug in ESRI SRS transform for AAIGrid, and
just want to double check my assumptions.   Currently, for Projection
TRANSVERSE in file ogr_srs_esri.cpp the projection parameter order is
assumed as follows:

PARAM_2 -> Latitude

PARAM_3 -> Longitude

PARAM_1 -> Scale

PARAM_4 -> False Easting

PARAM_5 -> False Northing

In the file below, and several others like it, I see that PARAM_2 is
actually Longitude and PARAM_3 is Latitude.

I am having difficulty locating any description for what a prj.adf file
should look like.  If this, indeed, looks like a bug, I will file it in
TRAC and attach a patch file.

======================== prj.adf ==========================

Projection    TRANSVERSE

Datum         NAD27

Spheroid      CLARKE1866

Units         METERS

Zunits        NO

Xshift        0.0

Yshift        0.0

Parameters

1.0 /* scale factor at central meridian

-106 56  5.149215 /* longitude of central meridian

  39 33 45.40326 /* latitude of origin

0.0 /* false easting (meters)

0.0 /* false northing (meters)

Thanks,