[Gdal-dev] Use of gdalwarp/translate utility

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue May 22 14:03:14 EDT 2007

re:
>     http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/GdalTranslate
>
> Thanks for this page, but I think it needs improvements. Its contents
> are quite redundant with the official doc of gdal_translate.
> I think of two possibilities :
> 1. Modify official doc of gdal_translate to get this point more clear.

Yes it would be cleaner to add that to the official docs, however I
don't have the ability to do that.  Now that it is written in the wiki
though perhaps someone with write access to the official docs will
insert it. :)

> 2. Transform this wiki page in a "HOWTO add geographic references
> (projection, coordinates) to an image using gdal_translate" with simple
> examples and explanations of commands used. This way the page would
> become a good add-on to the official doc.

I enthusiasticly encourage anyone/everyone to do exactly that! It is a
wiki after all (free osgeo login's at
http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid/) . I certainly plan to do so myself
as those occasions arise in my work. :)

cheers,