[Gdal-dev] [OGR] Parsing GML using XSLT

Benoit Myard myardbenoit at gmail.com
Thu May 24 04:55:58 EDT 2007

On 23/05/07, Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] <Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca> wrote:
> The XML document above is not well formed.  You need to close the
> gml:featureMember and ogr:FeatureCollection tags.

Obviously.This was only an excerpt of the actual XML file. I should
have properly closed the tags so that it could make it through a
parser. My bad.

> Furthermore, the root xsi:schemaLocation should be an attribute with
> two (space separated) values: the namespace, and the location (relative
> of URL) of the XML Schema document.

Ooooh, yes. I needed to refresh my XML knowledge anyway :). Thanks for that!

There's probably something wrong in OGR then, because the document was
generated by ogr2ogr.

> The ogr namespace defined in the GML document and the XML Schema differ;
> they must be identical.
>
> If I apply these changes to the above documents and test with something
> like xsltproc, things work as expected.

Looks like I should refresh my XSL knowledge as well !

> Hope this helps.

It did! Thanks a lot.

PS: Tom, sorry for the direct-reply.

--