[Gdal-dev] GDAL binders at FOSS4G 2007

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon May 28 17:03:51 EDT 2007

Ari,

Although I haven't managed to collect enough sponsorship to get to the
conference so far, I consider this as a fairly compelling idea.

We might want to cover at least the following areas:

- harmonize the typemap usage between the various bindings (and update
the README.typemaps accordingly)
- determine which of the gdal/ogr features should be added to (or
perhaps removed from) the SWIG interface.
- look over the possibilities to automate the creation of the
code-comment-documentation for the various languages .
- construct the expected object model diagram to follow by the various
languages (and publish the model itself)
- discuss the language specific issues and the expected treatments.
- etc.

Regardless of the fact whether I can eventually be there or not, I'm
happy to participate in such efforts remotely as well.

Best regards,

Tamas