[Gdal-dev] ADF -> AAIGrid, "IReadBlock failed"

Patrick Min pmin00 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 03:07:38 EDT 2007

Hello,

I've seen this error mentioned before on the list, and
I've been digging in the gdal_translate source for a while now,
but can't yet figure out what is going wrong.

This is the output I'm getting:
Input file size is 51215, 33632
0...10...20...ERROR 1: Illegal block requested.
ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 2520
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 2520

I'm finding that "psInfo" holds a variable "nBlocksPerColumn",
which is set to 2520.
As soon as I request a row beyond 4 times that value
(i.e. I do gdal_translate -srcwin 0 10800 1 1, for example)
(which should be possible because the input data has 33632 rows)
it gives me the above error.

Any ideas?

thanks,

Patrick