[Gdal-dev] RE: How to efficiently read in a GDAL image into a matrix

Nate Jennings nate at deltateck.com
Wed Nov 7 14:51:10 EST 2007

Ryan,

You might try my website below, then go to Skillset--Application
Development.  I just put up a python script to do a mean filter on a
multiband image.  It uses the python gdal build of 1.4.2 that is posted on
the gdal site and also requires the old Numeric libraries as well.  I based
my code on sample code from the gdal site as well as my past experience in
accessing pixels within bands from a graduate remote sensing algorithms
course I took during grad school.  I don't know if this is what you need,
but I do access individual pixels.  The code runs very slow (~5 min for a
400 x 600 image).  I am looking to reproduce a similar function using c++ if
and when I can understand how the gdal libraries are used within c++.

Nate

--
http://www.jenningsplanet.com