[Gdal-dev] Playing with data from web

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sun Nov 11 17:22:54 EST 2007

I got GeoJSON working and wanted to go on and test WCS also. I found
only this WCS server at UCL (funny thing is that I was at UCL in London
just last week):
http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wcs?map=wcs.map&SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

I put that into a WCS xml:

<WCS_GDAL>

<ServiceURL>http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wcs?map=wcs.map&</ServiceURL>
  <CoverageName>landsat</CoverageName>
</WCS_GDAL>

But the result is

ERROR 1: TIFFFetchDirectory:/vsimem/wcs/00BD4A58/wcsresult.dat: Seek
error accessing TIFF directory
ERROR 1: TIFFReadDirectory:Failed to read directory at offset 20

I also tried downloading it directly and it gives the same error.
Probably this indicates that the problem is at the server end?

Are there any other working WCS servers that I could use for
demonstration in class?

Cheers,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning