[Gdal-dev] IRC meeting to discuss 1.5 release Tues Nov 20th at 19:00 GMT

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 00:58:43 EST 2007

All,

I would like to propose that we (all PSC members and any committers
and users who can attend) have an IRC meeting next Tuesday to discuss
what work we hope to have done in time to make the 1.5 beta release.

1900 GMT is 1PM Central or 2PM Eastern for North American types and 7,
8, or 9PM for European folks.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2007&p1=0&p2=64&p3=50&p4=262

I propose the following agenda:

* Release scheduling and process
   - Do we want a more formalized process, ala MapServer, with freezes
and sequential betas, etc?  RFC Freeze?
   - Feature Freeze?
   - Release Manager?
   - Ticket referencing restriction for commits (ie post-commit hook
that requires a ticket number in the commit comment) during beta period?
   - Optimistic beta date

* Outstanding development
   - Work that *must* make it into 1.5
   - Work that it would be nice to have done in time for 1.5
   - Bugs/features marked for 1.5 in Trac that can be deferred

* Documentation
   - For 1.5, should we consider a documentation snapshot that can
stay sync'd with the stable 1.5 branch once it is out?
   - Do we need a doc similar to MapServer's migration doc to
highlight significant and backward incompatible changes that 1.5
introduces?
   - What have you committed for 1.5?  Frank's a great human ChangeLog
generator, but it's a big task.  Let's try and lessen its size.

Howard