[Gdal-dev] The GPX driver in trunk hangs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 14 13:21:02 EST 2007

Ari Jolma wrote:
> In my cases it generally seems to hang, if given datasources (paths),
> which contain subdirectories. On directories which do not contain
> subdirectories it works ok.
>
> Oh, this is related to my habit (the Open Vector Data dialog in
> Geoinformatica) to pass directories to OGROpen, which is not very common
> I believe.

Ari,

I have committed a change to ogrgpxdatasource.cpp so that if VSIFReadL()
returns zero it will exit the reading loop instead of hanging.  I think
this would also have been a problem with zero length files.

Even,

Could you review OGRGPXDataSource::Open() and see if it can be made safer?
In particular, it looks to me like it will slurp up any XML file and parse
it without verifying the format till it is done which could be very expensive.