[Gdal-dev] NaN values transformation in funtion Transform from OGRCoordinateTransformation class

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Nov 15 12:35:33 EST 2007

Miguel Fernandes wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm using version GDAL_svn_trunk_2007_11_04 and the behaviour I'm
> describing also happens in version 1.4.3. Using library OGR, class
> OGRCoordinateTransformation functions Transform and TransformEx in
> order to make coordinate transformations from latlon to utm29 for
> coastline coordinates that include NaN values in order to detach
> features like islands, the function is transforming the NaN values
> into Inf values. [...] Is this behaviour correct or is this a bug?

It looks like something is wrong. Does it happen for the same coordinate
values or random?
It would be helpful if you could prepare simple test case, a minimal
code snipped (perhaps as a ticket at the http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/)
presenting how do you use the OGR code, input data and what output you
get. Then it will be possible to try to reproduce this problem and debug.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net