[Gdal-dev] Turn off the old-gen Python bindings in trunk

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 5 16:49:43 EDT 2007

Emilio Mayorga wrote:
> Will there be a gdal/ogr executable that I can install
> just as easily, bringing in all required gdal/ogr libraries?

There should be, but someone needs to do it. Can/will you help? There
isn't a technical reason why it's a problem, and, infract, with
distutuils being used, it's really easy to build a windows installer
and/or egg, once you've got it set up to compile properly on your system.

If I can ever get GDAL to build with MSYS and MinGW, I'll volunteer to
do it.

> Or will
> there still be a need to compile gdal first, install FWTools

Frank, are you open to a little re-arranging of FWTools to play better
with a stock python? It would be nice if the above requested simple
installer was simply one piece of FWTools.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov