[Gdal-dev] A Question of Coordinate Storage

David M. Baker dmbaker at cox.net
Sun Oct 7 16:10:09 EDT 2007

Frank,

The info Dean presented was quite good!  My point to GIS has been just that,
it is a lot easier to maintain our data in WGS84 and reproject.  Most of our
data is reported in lat/lon in decimal degrees to 7 decimal places, -/+ a
1/10 of a foot, an precision that is much higher then the real accuracy of
the data.

Thanks for the replies, this has been a great help!

David